Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Welcome Linda to our Arizona Region

 



Please welcome Linda McThrall to the West Valley office.  Linda has joined the INI team as a copy editor.

 Immediate Family:

I am married (43 years) with one married daughter, who lives in Charleston, SC, with her husband. They have three cats. No kids. Therefore, I am not a grandmother. It's okay. I've learned to accept it. 

 Where are you from? Or Where did you grow up?

I have lived in Arizona for more than 50 years. I was born in Durango, Colo., went to high school in Oklahoma City, Okla., and moved to Phoenix to attend Arizona State University where I got my journalism degree. 

 Prior employers and very brief job description?

I have spent most of my career in newspapers (many of those years at the Fountain Hills Times), but I also worked three years for a bi-weekly newspaper in Kingfisher, Okla. I took a break from newspapers and worked for a nonprofit mental health education foundation before returning to Fountain Hills in 2005. I was there until 2022 when I took a position at a small museum in Fountain Hills as development and community outreach director. 

 Hobbies/Interests: 

I love reading and spending time outside when the weather permits. Traveling, spending time with friends and family, cooking and baking are some of my interests.