ANNIVERSARY PROFILE
25 YEARS
Name: Judy Kasten
Newspaper: Independent Newspapers of FL
Position: Advertising Director/INI Florida, team leader of the Okeechobee News.
Number of years in the newspaper or printing business: 25
Job description: Coach and support our ad managers and ad services teams.
What I like best (about my job): The people --we have a great group of employees in Florida and many of us have worked together for a number of years. Our team is strong and committed to doing the best they can, be it advertising, customer service, editorial or circulation.
Most memorable moment with INI: There have been lots of interesting things but probably the funniest thing happened shortly after I started working for INI at the Arcadian 25 years ago as customer service representative. Two young boys came into the front office holding a live, 2 1/2 foot alligator. They asked to speak to a reporter. When the reporter came to the front office, she told them she could take a picture of them with their alligator but if it was printed in the paper, they would be arrested for catching a gator. They dropped the alligator--right in front of my desk. The frightened alligator ran under my desk and I climbed on top of my desk. That was the closest I had ever been to a live alligator!
Hobbies/Interests: I like to garden. Working with plants and moving dirt around is a real stress reliever. I also spend as much time as I can with my children and grandchildren.