Friday, December 1, 2006

Lisa Grassie

ANNIVERSARY PROFILE




Lisa Grassie


Name: Lisa Grassie

Newspaper: Apache Junction/Gold Canyon and East Mesa Independent Newspapers

Position: Ad Services Team Leader

Number of years in the newspaper or printing business: 8 years. I started off with another weekly newspaper in the classified department, where I sold ads and paginated the classified pages. After tripling their sales in 8 months I was thrown in the trenches to do outside sales. September 2001 is when I joined the outside sales team at INI.

Job description: As a Team Leader I do my best to carry through with INI’s mission to provide excellent customer satisfaction/ service by working closely with our clients’ on effective advertising campaigns that generate them weekly results. In addition I coordinate specials entry level advertising and supplements, all the while being a mentor for my Ad Services Team.

What I like best (about my job): There are several things that come quickly to mind. 1) Would be the feeling I get when I know I have help make a difference with my clients’ business, knowing that we have help them to become more successful. 2) The exhilaration you get when you make a sell or break old sales records, what a great feeling of accomplishment. And last but not least would be the camaraderie in my office. I really do get to working with the best team INI has ever seen!

Most memorable moment with INI: October 2004 when the Queen Creek Independent Newspapers first hit the readers door steps. It was wonderful to help contribute to the success of Queen Creek paper and here all the positive feed back from the readers and our advertisers.

Hobbies/Interests: As an Arizona Native I really love doing anything outdoors, however not the months from June-mid September, that would be crazy. I particularly like exploring the desert. I like spending the whole day to just to ride my quad. You really get to see lots of interesting places and things that you would never expect in the middle of the desert. My family and I also enjoy fishing, gold panning and camping. I love listening to music, I would have to say my favorite is country music and 70’s and 80’s stuff. When my husband and I are ready to get away from it all we just jump on our Harley and hit the highway.

Fun fact (about myself):
I was born in a small farming town in Arizona where I attended elementary school on the Indian Reservation. People laugh when I tell them that I was 31 years old before I attended my first rock concert, what can I say I lived a sheltered life. If you were wondering what concert I attended it was Sammy Hagar at the Mesa Amphitheatre. I won’t tell you what year that was because I would be giving my age away.