Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Angie Bridges

ANNIVERSARY PROFILE
10 YEARS

Angie Bridges

Name:
Angie Bridges


Newspaper: Okeechobee News

Position: Order Entry and Front Office Coordinator

Number of years in the newspaper or printing business : I have worked with Okeechobee News for 10 Years. I actually started out part-time in the circulation department and then went to the front office fulltime as Receptionist/Customer Service. Then, when a position became available in the advertising department, I transferred there.

Job description: This is the short version: I do all the order entry in Media Plus for our advertising department and oversee the front office. I cover for our sales person that handles the major accounts when she is out of the office or on vacation.

What I like best (about my job): is that every day is a little different and I really enjoy working in the newspaper business.

Most memorable moment with INI: The moment that sticks out the most is shortly after I had only worked here a few weeks . I knocked over the water cooler in the break room and the water jug was full. That was embarrassing!!!

Hobbies/Interests: I am very much an outside person. My husband and son are avid hunters so we spend all of our spare time outdoors. Most Sundays you can find us in the back yard under the Tiki Hut cooking the catch of the weekend.

A Few facts (about myself): I am married and have a great husband and two wonderful children. My son Brett is 19 and is currently serving in the US Army as a wielder for the Rangers. My daughter Taylor is 13. She is an 8th grade student involved in 4-H and has four dairy heifers that she shows at various fairs here in Florida. She also plays softball. I also have two stepdaughters, Shanda and Carrie, who I love like my own and four wonderful grandchildren.