Thursday, April 7, 2011

Cathianne Werner-Porterfield Celebrates 10 Years

ANNIVERSARY PROFILE
10 YEARS

Cat Werner-Porterfield
Name: Cathianne Werner-Porterfield
 
Newspaper: The Banner
 
Position: Advertising Manager
 
Number of years in the newspaper or printing business: About a dozen.
 
Job description: I help advertising clients grow their businesses by showing them how to reach the best possible audience – Banner readers!!
 
What I like best (about my job): While I truly appreciate the process of helping a client develop a marketing plan that works for them – the thrill of the “sale” is what I like “best.”
 
Most memorable moment with INI: There are so many. I sure do miss those days in the bullpen – there are few jobs as rewarding or fun as the job of a journalist. And having mentors such as Tammy Brittingham, Andy West, Bret McKeand, John Wolfe and Ed Dulin have really shaped me into a smarter, better newspaper person.
 
Hobbies/Interests: I don’t have hobbies or interests. I have passions! Give me art, literature, music and I am one happy girl! Right now I’m eyeball deep in learning to play guitar and boy do my fingers hurt!
 
Fun fact (about myself): I front a local rock band, The Lost Positives, and pen the lyrics for our original music. We are starting to get air play on local radio and have been having a blast!