Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Kristina Celebrates 5 Years

ANNIVERSARY PROFILE
5 YEARS

Kristina Schwartz
Name: Kristina Schwartz
 
Newspaper: Okeechobee News

Position: Graphic Designer

Number of years in the newspaper or printing business: 10; I started as a part-time typesetter during my senior year of high school. I worked for another local newspaper that's now defunct.

Job description: Design eye-catching ads to market local businesses and create attractive special sections that are inserted into the newspaper.

What I like best (about my job): The creative challenges I'm presented with on a daily basis

Most memorable moment with INI: All of my moments have been pretty memorable. It's difficult to choose just one. We've raced the clock on final deadline for many a special section, but looking at that finished product and seeing a job well done is certainly the most rewarding moment.

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, writing. I participate in online role-playing games as well

Fun fact (about myself): Every November since 2007, I've taken part in the NaNoWriMo challenge. November is the National Novel Writing Month, and the challenge is to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. I've only officially won it once, in 2008, but I'm confident that this year will break my losing streak. As of November 28, I'm just 2,073 words short of my goal.