Thursday, June 27, 2013

Local Editors Are Tuned In To Their Communities


In two very different stories last week, news editors for the Delaware weeklies, Gwen Guerke and Glenn Rolfe, struck the right chords with readers.

After writing a story about of Mohawk Electrical Systems, a local business celebrating its 50th anniversary, Gwen received this note of appreciation for a grateful reader:



Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:31:22 PM
Subject: Mohawk article
Gwen, thanks for the very accurate article you wrote about our 50th celebration. It's rare to get back everything you say in a correct presentation. The last time I saw such accuracy was when Frank Fantini covered my campaign in the 1974 election!! Thanks again, Good job!!! Steve Welch

***

 
Glenn Rolfe, writing about a no-kill animal shelter in his community, received this effusive thank you note from an appreciative reader:
 

Sent: Friday, June 21, 2013 3:02 PM
To: GRolfe@newszap.com
Subject: Safe Haven THANK YOU!!!!

Glenn,

Thank you THANK YOU for such a wonderful article about Safe Haven!  The pictures are beautiful!  The article was great and pointed out the many great things we do.  Thank you, thank you, so much!

Is there a way I could get a copy or 2 that I could frame and hang in the shelter?  That would be really great!

If there is anything I can do for you, please ask.  Again, thank you. Wow – I am at a loss for words.  Have a terrific weekend!

Holly Melzer
Safe Haven Animal Sanctuary
In the heart of every stray animal lies the singular desire to be loved.