Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Tammi Kelly Celebrates 5 Years With INI





Name: Tammi Kelly

Newspaper: Okeechobee News

Position: Columnist, photographer, reporter, community coordinator, ad sales rep, page building and jack of all trades.

Number of years in the Newspaper or printing business: 5 years

What I like best about my job: Everything. Every day is an adventure here. I am doing what I love and surrounded by good people in a great town!

Most memorable moment with INI: So many! I have met the “Gator Boys.” I have been behind the scenes at shows, festivals and events! I have been on swamp buggie rides, air boat adventures, petted wild animals, rode a pirate ship and so much more. I cannot wait to see what the future holds for me here at INI!

Hobbies/interests: The community is my pastime. I love helping make Okeechobee a better place. I am involved in many projects and also on the boards of many non-profits that I believe in such as Martha’s House, which is a shelter for abused woman here in Okeechobee and the B.R.A.T. Club; which stands for Building Relationships Among Teens. One of my favorite projects with the B.R.A.T. Club is Project Prom, which I started three years ago. The project collects formal attire for the youth in Okeechobee for prom and other formal dances and gives dresses, suits and shoes away free to the students. Last year we collected 315 dresses and helped 230 students. I love Okeechobee! It’s my home!

Fun fact about myself: I am very active. I like to ride bikes, motorcycle and mountain climb. I am a competive clay shooter and I am into long bow archery. I love to go on nature hikes and visit museums.


Favorite quote: “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.” Dr. Seuss from the Lorax.