Bay To Bay News and the Delaware State News was proud to
honor marketing consultant Patrick Abel with the company’s quarterly Starlifter
Award. He was surprised with the honor at Delmarva Group’s sales summit on Feb.
8.
The Starlifter Award is presented to a salesperson with the
best growth, digital and overall sales and “in recognition for his outstanding
sales effort and her ability to raise our clients’ stars even higher.” His work
as a marketing consultant for southern Dover and Milford, Del., accounted for
30% growth in total and 300% growth in digital revenue in Quarter 2 of FY2023.
“I was totally surprised to win this award because I hadn’t
been looking at the numbers recently, plus there are other reps who are
consistently bringing in big sales numbers,” said Abel, a five-year member of
the staff.
“Every day I begin with a checklist of what I must
accomplish, and I remain focused on that list as much as possible. I realize
that many prospects are not going to purchase an ad, but my job is to keep
asking,” Abel said.
In his free time, he enjoys volunteering, music, art and
reading.