Thursday, February 23, 2023

Delmarva’s Koyanagi and Riggin win Starlifter Awards

 Maryland has represented well in advertising sales lately, as two Eastern Shore marketing masters shared the company’s quarterly Starlifter Award. Cathy Koyanagi and Karen Riggin were surprised with the honor at INI Delmarva Group’s sales summit on Oct. 11.

The Starlifter Award is presented to a salesperson with the best growth, digital and overall sales and “in recognition for her outstanding sales effort and her ability to raise our clients’ stars even higher.” These two ladies’ sales accounted for 75 percent of the company’s quarterly overage for Quarter 1 of FY2023.

 

CATHY KOYANAGI:

Cathy Koyanagi started with INI when the Salisbury Independent was launched 2014, and she recently made huge marketing strides for the new Stars of Salisbury promotion.

““This is a great honor. I could not have earned this without the help of so many others, like Jenny Keim (account services manager), Konrad LaPrade (VP of sales and marketing) and Editor Greg Bassett – Thank you.” Koyanagi said.

Outside of work, “I enjoy volunteering in my spare time. As a life member of Sharptown Volunteer Fire Dept. Ladies Auxiliary and a new two-year member of West Side Vol. Fire Dept. LAX, I stay busy and enjoy the communities I serve,” she said.

 

KAREN RIGGIN:

Marketing Consultant Karen Riggin primarily sells for the (Crisfield-Somerset) County Times, with 10 years’ experience at the company. Admittedly an introvert, Riggin grows as a person by stepping outside of her comfort level to sell. She focuses on building trust ant putting herself in the customers’ shoes. She recently worked on the Stars of Somerset promotions.

Riggin was honored to have her hard work recognized with the Starlifter Award. “It comes with a little luck, prayer and hard work. The funniest thing is I don’t keep track of the numbers … I am more invested on reputation so I work hard to maintain that, the money comes with it,” she said. “And, I like seeing my coworkers win it as well. Most of us, as a team, really are encouragers.”
Outside of work, Riggin’s husband and family are her life. She heads the Disaster Relief program at Oakridge (after years supporting recovery efforts around the nation) also serving on the boards for Crisfield Chamber of Commerce and the Somerset County Library.

 


Photo Caption: Karen Riggin, left, and Cathy Koyanagi with their supervisor, Konrad LaPrade.