Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Steve Steinke Celebrates 15 Years With INI


ANNIVERSARY PROFILE
15 YEARS




Name: Steve Steinke

Newspaper: Valley Newspapers

Position: Development Director

Number of years in the newspaper or printing business: 34

Job description: Reviewing both current operational and visionary objectives for the division with the regional Vice President. Assisting with future transitions of people and resources by applying experience and oversight. Maintaining ambassadorial relationships with both clients and those in the Arizona print marketplace. 

What I like best (about my job): Honestly, after four consecutive years of scheduling and coordinating two aggressive back-to-back press and building upgrades, it is nice to be concentrating on how best to make those now reap benefits. Less time on managing capital improvements translates into more time on tweaking    processes and growing business. 

Most memorable moment with INI: I'm humbled by having several memorable moments, but the one that still stands out is the planning, oversight, and opening of our new facility back in 2001.

Hobbies/Interests: I 'm a grandad and love spending time with my two grandsons and two granddaughters. I have been involved in the Phoenix area community in a number of ways since I've been here. And almost everyone knows my passion for weather and the sky is well known around the world. I still love it every time i get a chance to encourage those in the study of meteorology.

Fun fact (about myself): I once had an invitation from the USAF to fly into a hurricane on one of their hurricane hunter aircraft. At the last minute I backed out, not because I was fearful of the flight, but because of a conversation I had with another who had gone and told me just how airsick he was for 8 long hours? No thanks. I didn't want it THAT bad!